Lemoon 4.6.0 is here
Friday, May 03, 2013 11:22 AM release notes
This is a major update. The main focus of this release was upgrading the .NET framework and all other dependencies to their latest versions (see the changelog below for details). Note that since we have upgraded to .NET Framework 4.5 you will need to use Visual Studio 2012 or WebMatrix when developing with Lemoon.
The following features and updates were introduced in this version.
- Lemoon updated to target the .NET 4.5 Framework
- Lemoon updated to use MVC 4
- Lemoon updated to use TinyMCE 3.5.8
- Lemoon updated to use Plupload 1.5.7
- Lemoon project template updated to use latest versions of modernizr, twitter bootstrap and jquery.
- Added many more options for creating image thumbnails in Mindroute.Core.Services.ImageService.
- Added option to develop Lemoon projects with [WebMatrix](http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/)
The following issues have been fixed in this version.
- Insert link in HTML editor does not use correct binding for sites with virtual dirs, e.g www.mysite.com/sv.
- Edit HTML source does not work in IE10.
- Right click in admin tree view fails with error message "Load context menu failed".
- Contentpickers sometimes does not submit all values.
Deprecations and breaking changes
The following classes, methods and properties have been removed. Classes and methods for manipulating images can now be found in the Mindroute.Core.Imaging namespace.
- ImageService.GetThumb (use ImageService.Resize instead)
- ContentHelper.ThumbUrl(x, y, w, h)
Upgrading from version 4.5.2
- Backup your database and site before performing the upgrade!
- Upgrade your project to target the .NET Framework 4.5.
- Modify your Web.config to match the Web.config file in the upgrade package.
- Replace the /Admin folder in your project with the contents of the corresponding folder in the upgrade package, but keep the /Admin/apps folder which may contain custom code.
- Replace the /App_Data/Lib/ folder in your project with the contents of the corresponding folder in the upgrade package, then update the references in your project to include the new and updated dll:s.
- Copy the files from the /App_Data/Settings/ folder in the upgrade package to the corresponding folder in your project. Remember to reapply any modifications you have made to the configuration files.
- Copy the files from the /App_Data/Widgets/ folder in the upgrade package to the corresponding folder in your project.
- Run the SQL script /App_Data/Scripts/Upgrade-4.5.2-to-4.6.0.sql against your Lemoon database.
- Rebuild your solution and fix any compilation errors.